Get away from it all in idyllic Cromarty - the perfect place to emerge from lockdown, reunite with family and friends and immerse yourselves in this very special corner of the Highlands.
Once again this year, not only is the Cromarty Arts Trust accommodation available to those in the world of arts and education but we are also opening our doors to friends and family looking to take a holiday or break in one of the most gorgeous spots in the British Isles!
The following is a summary of info also included in the individual pages on this site for the Old Brewery and Ardyne. You'll also find links below to just some of the many attractions and businesses Cromarty has to boast that will enhance your stay and provide ideas for activities and places to visit.
The magnificent 18th century sandstone building on the edge of town is the perfect location to rent out for a larger gathering or several families reuniting after the past difficult year.
- 12 bedrooms sleeping 22 in a mix of singles, twins, triples and one double (cots can be added)
- Basins in all rooms plus six bathrooms (one shared between two)
- Linen and towels provided
- Two ground-floor, communal rooms
- Café/dining room with French doors to patio and garden
- Loft studio – large, bright upstairs ‘living room’ area with screen, digital projector and DVD player and library – perfect for group film nights!
- Ground floor toilets
- Fully equipped catering kitchen
- Free parking
- Catering – choose to self-cater OR enquire about our varied catering options
- Knowledgeable staff on-hand to induct you into the building and troubleshoot throughout your stay
£585 per day – for entire building & grounds
£33 per person, per night – for bed only option
TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS AND GROUPS PERMITTED AT ONE TIME WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AT THE TIME AS WELL AS PERSONAL PREFERENCE OF THOSE BOOKING.
We very much regret that the Old Brewery is not disabled access friendly at this time. All bedrooms are only accessed via stairs.
Right in the heart of the town at 19 Bank Street, sits Ardyne House - the Cromarty Arts Trust office/HQ but also the home of more comfortable and affordable accommodation:
- Five bedrooms, all EN-SUITE in a mix of singles and doubles (cots can be added)
- Two large doubles include double sofa beds for even more flexibility / family rooms
- All have ‘study’ areas
- Linen and towels provided
- Fully-fitted communal kitchen on ground floor for your self-catering needs
- Washing machine & drying room
- Free parking
£42 per person, per night
£75 per couple sharing, per night
Minimum 2 NIGHT stays. All prices include VAT.
We operate a flexible check-in / check-out and will try to accommodate your requirements wherever possible.
As of January 2022: we are delighted to announce that we now have a fully fitted wet room attached to our ground floor Room 1 that can accommodate those in a wheelchair or with other accessibility issues. Please contact us to find out more.
COVID: we operate extensive, regular deep-cleaning regimes between guest stays. There is hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes for use throughout our buildings and clear instructions to follow for everyone’s safety.
To make an enquiry or booking, please email email@example.com or tel 01381 600354.
Consistently voted as one of the most desirable places to live and top destinations to visit in Scotland, many that arrive in this small seaport at the tip of the Black isle peninsula find themselves reluctant to leave.
Not only will you find a friendly, vibrant community but stunning scenery, woodland walks, sandy beaches, spectacular architecture, history & museums, resident Bottlenose Dolphin colony, award-winning, independent eateries, shops and galleries, cinema, tennis court & bike hire, regular public transport links...the list goes on!
Here are some useful links to make the most out of your stay:
Cromarty Live - a one-stop shop for all that's going on
Ecoventures - dolphin and wildlife watching trips
The Friends of Hugh Miller - insightful website including local walks
Hugh Miller's Cottage - fascinating NTS museum
Cromarty Courthouse Museum - captivating and interactive free museum
Black Isle Bicycles - local bike hire
Black Isle Info - loads of info on the wider area