When: Saturday, September 10th 2011, Start Time: 11:00, End Time: 16:00
Lying to the South East of Cromarty House are Cromarty House Stables of 1772. After lying derelict for many years, they were restored and are now used as artwork studios housing 7 artists who use them on a daily basis.
Magnificent plaster vaulted ceiling especially
An imposing Georgian mansion, built for George Ross of Pitkerrie soon after he acquired the Cromarty Estate in 1772, and restored by the Nightingale family since the 1960’s. The architect is unknown although
Ross had close links with the Adam Brothers who visited Cromarty and
produced unexecuted designs for a new parish church in the town. The fine u-shaped Stables, restored by the Cromarty Arts Trust, will also be open and tea and scones will be served.