When: , Start Time: 10:00, End Time: 16:30
Where: The Stables Causeway, Cromarty IV11 8XS
- Part of:
- Visual Art Workshops
Join our international artist-in-residence, R.L. Gibson, in making mandala variations using watercolour & and embroidery. Learn how these traditional sacred circles of meditation work like cryptograms – graphic captures of a place, a movement or feeling that can serve to help focus your creative energy and use colour & mark-making as a tool of personal discovery.
Workshop will include:
- A brief & broad description & history of mandalas and their variants from across a wide spectrum of cultures & traditions from Aztec to astrological and even Celtic consideration.
- Learning about your colour & mark-making instincts.
- Learning the mechanics of drawing mandalas from simple to complex.
- Drawing & simple watercolour techniques
- Both formal & unstructured embroidery techniques
No drawing, painting or embroidery skills required - all abilities welcome! Come have a little fun. Learn a little about yourself & your creative instincts.
£55 - all materials are provided, plus tea & coffee. Please bring a packed lunch.
We require 25% deposit to reserve your place - email or tel 01381 600354 for a Booking Form or more info.
Causeway IV11 8XS