When: , Start Time: 14:30, End Time: 17:00
Where: The Old Brewery Burnside Place, Cromarty IV11 8XQ
- Part of:
- Crime & Thrillers Weekend
'Commercial Fiction In 2019: Advice On Writing, Getting Published & Being Successful In The Modern Market'
- Intro about what’s going on - what’s hot and what’s not.
- A workshop on the material that the participants have sent in, in that context.
- Practical methodology to go from manuscript to publishing deal.
- What to do when you get a deal.
Please note: participants will be asked to email us 20 pages plus a one-page synopsis at least one week in advance of the workshop.
Jon Wood has worked in UK publishing for over twenty years. Starting out in Sales at Hodder and Stoughton in 1994, he moved over to become a Crime/Thriller editor in 1998. He then joined Orion in 2000 where worked with authors such as Kate Mosse, Harlan Coben, Robert Crais, Joanne Harris, Michelle Paver, Andy McNab and Julian Fellowes. He started working with a certain Ian Rankin in 2003! At times he has run both the Orion Fiction and Gollancz imprints and then became Group Publisher of Orion in 2015. In 2018, he left Orion to become a literary agent at Rogers, Coleridge and White. He is now looking to build a list.
The Old Brewery
Burnside Place IV11 8XQ