Student Residency Prize
Residency Opportunity at Cromarty Arts Trust
Application Form in Word and PDF
Who Can Apply?
The Cromarty Arts Trust Student Residency Prize is open to any student who will graduate this year OR any artist who has graduated in the past two years, from a college or university in Scotland and in ANY art form.
The prize consists of a student residency at the Cromarty Stables for one month, 28 September - 27 October 2019 (please only apply if you will be free to take this up although we are able to be slightly flexible a few days either side of these dates).
Cromarty itself is a rather special part of the world – a small town on the peninsula of the Black Isle that is not only beautiful and vibrant, but brimming with history, wildlife, geology, important architecture and one of the friendliest places you could hope to visit! With award-winning cafes, restaurant, shops and galleries and a resident population of bottle-nosed dolphins in the Firth, it’s not surprising that it is consistently listed in the ‘top places to live in Scotland’ lists in various press publications.
What You Get
- En-suite accommodation (that can be shared with a partner)
- Studio space amongst a friendly bunch of like-minded, local artists
- A grant of £750 towards travel, materials and subsistence costs
- Experience of life in a small but vibrant, coastal Highland town
The residency is primarily intended to provide an opportunity for the winning artist to develop their own work in a new and inspiring environment at the beginning of their artistic career.
What We Get
The resident artist will also be expected to:
- Hold an event such as a talk or workshop and a small, informal exhibition.
- Write a short retrospective report about their residency.
- Leave behind a piece of their work for the Cromarty Collection.
How To Apply
Applicants should send:
- Completed application form
- A maximum of 5 items: photographs, written pieces, examples of work
- A brief statement (max 1000 words) about the themes you would hope to explore or develop during the residency, what you would hope to get out of your time in Cromarty, why you should be chosen, etc.
- Two relevant references should be provided along with your application.
We prefer applications to be emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can send a clearly labelled USB stick to: Cromarty Arts Trust, Ardyne, 19 Bank St, Cromarty, IV11 8YE.
Applications should reach us no later than 5pm, Wednesday 12th June 2019.
What Happens Next?
A Highland-based panel which will include at least one established artist and representatives of arts organisations and the Cromarty Arts Trust will decide on the winner and all entrants will be notified by early July 2019.
Further questions? Just email us and we'd be happy to chat anything through!
To see and hear about the experiences of previous winners, click here.